At least 15 people were killed while more than 150 were injured after a 5.9 magnitude earthquake struck parts of Balochistan early on Thursday.
Balochistan Chief Minister Jam Kamal Khan Alyani confirmed the death toll and the number of injured citizens while speaking to the media during a visit to District Headquarter Hospital (DHQ) Harnai.
He said that the rescue operation had been completed and the provincial administration will extend all possible cooperation to those affected by the calamity.
Earlier, the Provincial Disaster Management Authority (PDMA) had said that 20 people had died and more than 300 were injured in the earthquake. The death toll was also confirmed by Harnai Deputy Commissioner Sohail Anwar Hashmi.
However, the Balochistan CM said that at the time, authorities were still collecting data from different hospitals as it was during the initial stages. He said that authorities had managed to compile all the data which showed that 15 people had died.
He said that more than 200 houses had also been affected in the quake.
Balochistan Governor Syed Zahoor Ahmed Agha, who had also accompanied the CM to the hospital, reiterated that the provincial government will help those affected by the quake.